Set Sail With Expedia CruiseShipCenters
The dictionary defines a cruise as “a pleasure voyage on a ship, usually with stops at various ports.” According to Michael Decker, franchise partner and owner of Expedia CruiseShipCenters Shingle Creek, it can and should be so much more than that.
Michael Decker, franchise partner and owner of Expedia CruiseShipCenters Shingle Creek, makes dreams come true with the perfect getaways.
Decker’s 45 independent agents are “navigators of spectacular vacation experiences.” Building relationships with their clients and knowing their individual needs are what set them apart.
“Having your clients’ best interests at heart is what builds a remarkable travel experience.”
Decker is well-equipped to do just that. His 35 years in the travel industry have allowed him to visit 40 countries and their most beautiful cities. One of his favorite cities to travel to is Vancouver. However, “each city has its own beauty and unique history,” he said.
Expedia CruiseShipCenters, located near the Orange County Convention Center, opened in March 2015. Prior to that, Decker was director of sales for Expedia Inc. and vice president of Cape Canaveral Cruises.
He said he and his associates are “the eyes and ears of Expedia in the local community.”
Seventy-five percent of the business that Decker and his associates handle is cruise travel, and 25 percent is land travel. According to Decker, the cruise ship industry is growing by leaps and bounds. There are 85 new cruise ships scheduled for launch in the next few years.
In order to emphasize how Expedia CruiseShipCenters personalizes each cruise for each individual traveler, Decker likes to tell the story of a recent widow who contacted him about taking her first cruise as a single person. She wanted to take a river cruise with a group of people similar to herself. Decker organized a group of widows who wanted to experience a river cruise. In doing so, he helped these single ladies network and make new friends. In addition, he customized the ports of call to the interests of the women and the pace at which they wanted to travel. Now Decker has a relationship with this group and is their own trusted agent.
There are multiple testimonials singing the praises of each specific agent in Decker’s organization. They can be found by going to CruiseShipCenters International Inc.’s website, cruiseshipcenters.com/en-US/ShingleCreek. The best endorsements also come from previous travelers. Decker enjoys putting cruisers, who are about to embark upon a specific cruise, together with those who have previously enjoyed the same destination. They chat, and often these travelers become a travel group for a future cruise.
He mentioned the Expedia CruiseShipCenters Promise that is provided to all guests, which is as follows:
- Advice customers can trust. Expedia agents are more than trained experts. Its vacation consultants are also passionate travelers and cruise enthusiasts who can share their experiences to create the best vacation
experiences for their customers.
- The best choices and prices. Expedia offers every cruise option, from the fantastic value of the most popular lines to luxury and river cruises, all at Expedia prices.
- Expedia extras. Whether it’s onboard cash credit, Expedia exclusive staterooms, reduced deposits, free upgrades or special offers, many vacation packages come with an Expedia bonus.
- More than cruises. Customers can count on Expedia for every vacation possibility over land, sea and air, including customized trips, coach and rail tours, and insurance.
- Always there. Expedia’s agents are there to help — before, during and after the trip. Plus, with the availability of consultations in person, through email or over the phone, along with direct booking through the website, customers always have the freedom to book when, where and how they choose.
Expedia CruiseShipCenters negotiates in advance to obtain exclusive inventory on more than 6,000 sailings worldwide with exclusive pricing and benefits. At the center, they offer special promotional events to let the public know about upcoming packages and “remarkable experiences.” They can also customize onboard corporate retreats and family reunions.
When asked what his favorite destination is, Decker replied, “The place I haven’t been to yet.”
There is a world of experience to be had.
Expedia CruiseShipCenters Shingle Creek is located at 9938 Universal Blvd. in Orlando. Operating hours are Monday through Friday from 10 a.m.-6 p.m. and Saturday from 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Sunday appointments may also be scheduled, but, most importantly, all agents are available 24/7 via telephone at 800-557-4802. ♥