With sunny days comes an overwhelming urge to get outside and enjoy the weather. From barbecues and cookouts to ice cream parties and poolside hangouts, summer is a popular excuse to kick up your feet and invite your friends and family over for a get-together.
Spruce up the interior and exterior of your home for summer entertaining.
Now is the perfect time to give your deck or patio area a little TLC before inviting the masses. Follow these tips to revamp and refresh your home’s exterior and interior ahead of hosting your next event:
- Get your gardening gloves on. A little color goes a long way for a bed of plants and flowers. Plant some bright flowers along your patio or consider growing functional, edible plants that look and taste great. Gardening is a fun summer project that can add beauty to your home’s exterior lounging areas. If gardening isn’t your thing, putting fresh-cut flowers in a vase as a centerpiece can do the trick.
- Ready the deck and home exterior. Deck fungus isn’t appealing, nor are mildew stains, dirt or weather-beaten patches. Pressure wash the deck then re-stain it with a matching color and finish, and apply a wood preservative to help prevent water damage and discoloration. It also might be time to give dull shutters and doors a fresh coat of paint to prevent them from looking washed out.
- Remove mold and mildew. Mold and mildew can form on the exterior siding and trim of your home, as well as on patio furniture, flower pots and swimming pools. It’s important to regularly clean the outside of your house as well as your outdoor furniture and accessories that may have been stored away. It’s easy to remove mold or mildew with a garden hose, a long-handled brush and a mixture of one-half cup of Clorox Regular-Bleach per each gallon of water.
- Stop the spread of fungal disease in gardens. Fungal diseases can be deadly to plants and wildlife. When used as directed, bleach is a simple, but powerful, tool that can be used to help stop the spread of fungal diseases. It can also keep cut flowers alive longer when you add a few drops to a water-filled vase.
- Clean up the bathroom and kitchen. Don’t forget about indoor spaces. When hosting friends, it’s likely that you or a guest will need to visit the kitchen to prepare a side dish or grab another drink, and bathroom visits are inevitable. Clean up any loose items and use a disinfecting wipe on hard surfaces like countertops, door handles and light switches.
When it comes to summertime entertaining, all you need is a quick refresh before you kick back with loved ones in a clean, relaxing space.
(Family Features: Source: Clorox) ♥